An electrical problem is never a planned event. And if you don’t have a previous working relationship with a licensed electrical contractor, then you will surely have some reluctance to just calling anyone out to work on your project.
Affordable Licensed Electrician Houston Tx
Finding an affordable licensed electrician in Houston Tx can be a challenge but can be accomplished if you follow these tips.
Try to find a master electrician.
An apprentice is a beginner or trainee who works under direct supervision of a master electrician. A journeyman is trained and experienced and can work on his own under the general guidance of a master. A master originates projects, gets permits for construction and installations and oversees the work of journeymen and apprentices.
Although a journeyman may know how to do a project, you are much better off going with a company that has a master electrician on staff..not just working under someone’s license.
10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring an Electrical Contractor
- Are you licensed? – If they are not licensed…do not hire them. Period!
- Are you insured? – Most electricians carry at least $500,000 liability insurance
- What kind of work do you do most? – If the kind of work you are hiring the electrical contracting company is out of their normal scope, you may be better off looking elsewhere.
- What special training/experience do you have for this kind of work? – Are they a Master electrician? Are they working under someone’s license?
- Can you provide references (for past jobs similar to mine)? – Sometimes companies don’t want to reveal their customer base and that is understandable in today’s world. But you should be able to look online and find a review or two about the electrical contractor you are considering hiring.
- What does the estimate include? – You want to know all of the details so there are no surprises. Make sure labor, parts, and cost to pull permits is all included.
- Do I need a permit? Who will obtain it? – Many times a permit is required for electrical work. Be sure this is addressed before any work begins.
- Who will perform the work? Journeyman electricians are fine to do the work as long as the licensed electrician is supervising and checking the work.
- What will you guarantee/warranty? Make sure you get a warranty.
- May I see a work in progress? – This is not always possible but especially in the case of new construction you may be able to check out a current job.
Read More Details about these tips. Source: Networx.com
Best Places to Find an Electrical Contracting Company
- Referrals from friends. Always the absolute best place to start but you still want to do your own due diligence on the company.
- Better Business Bureau. Companies that are members of the BBB have shown at least some level of dedication to customer service.
- Angie’s List or similar directory in your area where reviews are published by past customers.
- Do a Google Search for an licensed electrician in Houston and contact 3 or 4 companies that look promising. Be sure to check their online reviews and ask about initial trip charges.
More Houston Electrical Contractor Info:
- Signs it is time for an electrical panel upgrade in Houston
- Circuit breaker replacement cost
- Finding a Licensed master electrician in Houston Tx
More Useful Info & Resources:
- Search Google for Affordable Licensed Electrician Houston Tx
- Search Youtube for Affordable Licensed Electrician Houston Tx